Top Books About Breastfeeding Your Newborn Baby
If you’re considering whether to hire a lactation consultant, it’s important to educate yourself on the topic. One way to do that is by reading books written by experts in the field. In this article, we’ll share the top ten books you should read before making the decision to hire a lactation consultant. These books cover a range of topics related to breastfeeding, from understanding the benefits of breastfeeding to troubleshooting common breastfeeding problems.
1. The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding by La Leche League International
2. Breastfeeding Made Simple: Seven Natural Laws for Nursing Mothers by Nancy Mohrbacher and Kathleen Kendall-Tackett
3. Ina May’s Guide to Breastfeeding by Ina May Gaskin
4. The Ultimate Breastfeeding Book of Answers: The Most Comprehensive Problem-Solving Guide to Breastfeeding from the Foremost Expert in North America, Revised & Updated Edition by Dr. Jack Newman
5. The Nursing Mother’s Companion by Kathleen Huggins
6. The Breastfeeding Book: Everything You Need to Know About Nursing Your Child from Birth Through Weaning by Dr. Martha Sears and William Sears
7. The Complete Book of Breastfeeding by Marvin S. Eiger and Sally Wendkos Olds
8. The Breastfeeding Mother’s Guide to Making More Milk by Diana West and Lisa Marasco
9. Breastfeeding: A Guide for the Medical Profession by Ruth A. Lawrence and Robert M. Lawrence
10. Sweet Sleep: Nighttime and Naptime Strategies for the Breastfeeding Family by La Leche League International and Diane Wiessinger
Hmmm…Looks Like You Might Need a Maternity & Newborn Photographer Soon!
As a newborn photographer, I understand the joy and importance of capturing those precious photographs with your newborn baby. If you’re considering a lactation consultant, it’s also a great time to start thinking about scheduling a newborn photoshoot. I offer a variety of photography packages to suit your needs and style, and I would love to work with you to create beautiful memories that you will cherish for a lifetime. Contact me to reserve your spot for your newborn photoshoot today!